Monday, July 19, 2010

This weeks triathlon training

I keep forgetting that I am triathlon training and secondly that i am writing a blog about it.  So since my epic bike ride up the gorge this is what I've done;

The day after my bike ride I went for a super fast 3 miler in 25.40 ( my fastest to date in training in 25.32)
The following day I ran another 3 miler at a slower pace 27.42 but I also went for a swim to completing )0.82 miles in 48 minutes. I do have to say this isn't constant swimming as i do have short little breaks.

On Saturday I had a rest because I was going to run a long run on Sunday ( bit worried I haven't been putting in the miles and I have 2 half marathons coming up)

So on Sunday I thought I would drive up to Cheddar reservoir because it looked huge and I thought it would be at least 6 miles all the way around.  It was very disappointing, a loop around the reservoir was just over 2 miles.  I ran around it 3 times and a bit and clocked up 7 miles.  I really had wanted to do at least 9 but even with the beautiful back drop running round in a big circle three times is more than enough for me. 

I decided to bike it today, haven't been out on the bike in what seems ages.  I thought I had picked a 30 mile loop but took wrong turning somewhere which was probably beneficial because I ended up going up some pretty steep hills  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41011980
26.84 miles in 2.13.35.  I did as well after going up the first big hill find a beautiful windmill which was so lovely that I didn't see the pothole and then promptly fell of my bike...

1 comment:

MadeUpName said...

You may find a focussed training program for triathlons beneficial - not just for distance goals but also intensity..... You seem to try and run hard too often (virtually everyone does that, I used to a lot).

I downloaded a great program that has helped and very adequate plans can be found on the net for free... unless you're a pro or semi pro, there's no need to pay for them.

http://madeupname.co.uk Good Luck - MUN