Tuesday, October 12, 2010

let me tell you abou my turbo trainers

Oh heavenly blog........ I am sorry, I confess it has been 10 days since my last blog and I am eternally sorry........... but hey in my defence, I have been extremely busy!!!!

I ran Shepton Mallet 10 k fun run in the howling wind, I did a mini triathlon on my day off ( 1.02 mile swim, 4 mile run and 16 mile bike ride) spend numerous hours in the seat of my exercise bike and done lots speed training on the treadmill........
I also went swimming on Friday but left my swimming costume at home.......DOH!!!!!!!


But on Monday, finally the turbo trainer arrived....... it didn't take long to set it up and I was up in that saddle in a flash.  It was a lot harder than I expected it to be but great fun........ hardcore music, no traffic and lots lots sweat............

30 mins later and the kids were moaning.......I had to stop and cook tea but I was back in the saddle for another 30 mins.  The resistance works with the gears so you get a wide variety of resistance and in bottom gear, my butt was way out of the saddle....... ...oh my god my legs were pumped and I felt I had really worked.  I guess on a turbo trainer there is no free wheeling so its constant mileage.

Tonight I thought I had better get out for a run as I am having a sports massage tomorrow and its going to rule out my 10 miler I had planned.  Mental note to self , I really need to start a long distance run every Sunday again instead of racing....(mmmmm very hilly race 10k entered on Sunday).  Anyway I couldn't wait to get home and after a 3.5 mile run in 30.47 mins, I was back in that turbo trainer for another 30 mins..... I just cant get enough.....

I think this will benefit my training over the winter, building up my legs so they are like tree trunks!!!!

No comments: