Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 highlights and 2011 goals..........

Can I just start this blog with an update on my long run today, 12 miles in the bag, mostly x country in the mud slipping about but felt really good and strong.  I love running in my thermal compression skins, legs felt amazing afterwards.  I could have done more mileage but stopped at 12 but wish I hadn't as training plan said 13!!!  Doh!!!

Anyway lets look at 2010.......Apart from meeting some exceptional people who have shown me ongoing support and friendship and I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to you all.  Meeting you at the tweet ups has been a major highlight.

  I've ran 4 half marathons getting a pb of 1.53.53.  I ran my first marathon in 4.41, my most personal challenge to date. I ran 5 10ks with a pb of 50.52.  I completed 2 triathlons coming 7th lady in overall and 2 extreme hilly races totalling 14 competitions.
Luckily I've only had 1 injury, a sprained ankle from which I now feel fully recovered. 

Goals for 2011- I have so far 6 paid events but there will be many more........
  • To knock at least 20 mins off marathon time.
  • To finish in the top 3 in my local triathlons.
  • To complete Ironman 70.3 in a respectable time.
  • To run 2011 km or 1250 miles in 2011.
  • To swim 52 miles.
  • To actually get that sub 50 10 k time, I've been so close.
  • To compete in more extreme x country races
I feel that I have come a long way since April 09 when I first starting running again.  My running has improved from introducing cycling and swimming into the equation.  My swimming has improved greatly, my fitness levels are soaring and I'm preparing for that ultimate challenge wales Ironman 2012.  I have blasted my pbs  improving with every race I do.

2009 was the beginning, 2010 was the warm up, 2011 I am turning up the heat and I am ready to rumble. 

No comments: