Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bordering between negative and positive.......

Ok this blog will be about me giving myself a good prep talk........people might say that I'm over reacting, that I should just shut up and rest but most of you being the athletes you are will understand that we do get our selves wound up and frustrated when training isn't going right!

I tried to run today with a very unhappy ending...... ankle hurt as soon as I started running so I stopped. I then sat down and sobbed my heart out.... its not going to plan......(Its only been a week). I for a brief moment saw my marathon going down the drain.
 At my mums today my ankle just gave way and I was fighting back the tears......... One minute I am very positive about it and the next I am in a major panic.....

So this is me being positive.........
  • It doesn't matter how much I cry or bitch or moan, it wont heal my ankle and it doesn't even make me feel better!!!!!
  • Its only been a week........
  • Another week off (from running only) isn't going to damage my base fitness and especially since I'm biking and swimming.
  • Being the strong person I am I will always bounce back... I need to revaluate that's all.
  • Worse case scenario is that I wont beat my personal best but I will complete and after all its not my A race.

I have a B plan............ being the stubborn bitch I am, I will complete the marathon even if I have to drag my sorry arse around and crawl over the line...... if I don't get my PB then I will take on a low key marathon in Autumn.  I cant believe that I'm actually even having to give myself a stern talking to..... I mean what a state to get into.......jeez its like I don't even know what the word rest means............
R- ride
E - enthusiastically
S - swim
T - turbo

See I DO know what the word rest means...........maybe I need to get a life!!!!!

2 comments:

Ray said...

awww.. not sure what to say after that.. one thing is for sure - you need to look at the worse scenario and then a sooner recovery will always be a good surprise.
Find another thing you can do like - as you say, riding if it doesn't hurt - and swimming too.. running in the pool is great therapy too.. there is always something else to do when there is an injury - you'll survive- you'll be back.. :))

Tim Donell said...

You'll lose nothing by taking a couple of weeks off - I've had dodgy ankles for years from Rugby - the first couple of runs will hurt but you won't lose any fitness!