M achievements started really in April on my second marathon. I had been plagued by 2 ankle injuries and my marathon training did not go as I had intended. I'm not good dealing with injury and kept swimming and biking even though I couldn't actually walk very well. I was so happy to knock 30 mins off my marathon time and finish in 4.13.55.
The rest of this years events have been sprint and Olympic triathlons.
- Bideford sprint... 4th in age cat
- Race to the bill Olympic....2nd in age cat
- Langport sprint....10th in age cat
- Burnham on sea Olympic ( my first time at this distance) 1st in age cat.
- Oxley sprint .. 4th in age cat
- Trowbridge sprint...2nd in age cat
- Portishead sprint ..8th in age cat
- Crewkerne super sprint.. 4th in age cat
- Taunton sprint ....6h in age cat
- Taunton Deane/ wellington sprint.. 10th in age cat
- Exe Valley sprint.. 4th in age cat
- Ironman 70.3 uk...... 8.01.35
So the season has ended.... a few 10k and half marathons to come. My winter training is a combination of running, swimming and biking but also boxing. I intend to build up my upper body strength and my core and get some good base training in. Next year will involve 4 major events
- Taunton marathon ( sub 4 hours)
- ironman uk 70.3 ( I have a score to settle and taking off at least 30 mins)
- Bradwell long distance, 1.5 mile swim, 75 mile bike and 18 mile run
- autumn marathon maybe an ultra ( oh god I said it out loud)
I cant quite believe how far I have actually come after all those knee operations and cock ups I went through and even though I say so myself, I admire my determination and motivation. I realise I am made of pretty strong stuff. If your going to do something you might as well give it your best short... never did me any harm.