Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 2 ...... still looking good!

Its been a busy old week, looks like tee total has kicked in because I am HYPOOOOOOOOOO as a hyped up hippo but I'm not sleeping well since I gave up drinking so not sure what is causing that.

Monday : I have started running around Glastonbury whilst Ben is at boxing, saves me driving home and wasting money on fuel.  This week I ran with Rich we found a loop that was just under 1.5 miles and did it 3 times.  A good pace.  This did tire me out a little for swimming, I seem to be struggling with swimming.  I seem to have lost the 'feel' for the water.  I did read recently that swimming as much as possible even for 20 mins would help that so I need to increase my swimming somehow. 

Tuesday: I decided to do a fartlet session on the treadmill as it was late and I couldn't get out. I totally wasn't up for this but once I warmed up I was more than ready for it I spend 10 mins warming up then I increase the speed by 0.5 every minute for 5 mins then dropping the speed and working back up again.  This is a short sharp session which gave me a right buzz!

Wednesday: I rode into work and even though it was cold the views were fantastic. It took me bit longer than normal seeing as I was stopping to take photos!  I did 17 miles on the way home as I went the long way home and I felt pretty tired.  I didn't think I had any energy for boxing but when I got there and warmed up I was right on it.  It was a tough session.  It prime time for the boxers now and the pace is picking up and I am going with it.  The ton ups at the end are getting faster for me and its a great way to end a session.  Ton ups are 1o push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 dorsal lifts, 10 sit up and punch, 10 burpies, 10 snake press ups, 10 leg circles, 10 leg thrusts, 10 leg circles, 10 sit ups doing some leg thing and finally 10 bunny hops! All these have to be done in under 2 mins!!!

Thursday: REST DAY.  We all know how important rest days are and even though I wanted to do something I didn't!!!!

Friday: I wanted to cycle to work but it was so frosty that I didn't take the risk.  Instead I ran 3.5 miles around the block before boxing.  Boxing was another hard session as its now 3 mins on instead of 2 and that extra minute is tough!!!! I decided to have a short swim after the session to stretch out and checking the stats it was quite a fast swim, although it didn't feel like it.

Saturday : I decided that I was going to play with the big tri boys on Sat and run the Mendips.  Oh my god we started from Cheddar pool and it just went up and up and up.  I think it went up 1000ft.  I did walk some of this as it was just to steep over rough ground. The down hill descents were even worse and I don't think that I have concentrated that long for a while.  You certainly had to keep your wits about you. Some of the ground was really wet and squishy and at times it was frozen sludge.  I was really wary about my ankles and I did roll them a few times but they were fine.  At times it was really slow going and I was always behind but we re-grouped often  We ran through one field that was so chewed up by cow's feet we had no option but to walk. 11.6 miles felt like 16!!!!

Sunday: Sunday was supposed to be a wimbleball ride but with the weather being bit dodgy it was cancelled.  I had the club ride as a back up ride so left early to try get few milers in before meeting at 9.30. This week was quite hilly and a nice coffee stop in Nunnery.  I was cold on this ride and the club were fab, lending me a coat and helping me when I got a puncture.  I wanted to do 60 miles but settled for 53.
A good week, I feel like I have so much more energy just need to sort the sleeping issues out.

No comments: