Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 3..... Roller coaster!!

Monday.... Lack of sleep is making me really grumpy.... Woke up Monday morning feeling crap. I was lost in my own despair and all I wanted was a cuddle which just highlighted how lonely being single is. I even woke up the kids early to give me a cuddle!!! Thanks to my wonderful friends my mood started to pick up and then I remember how sometimes I get come downs from manic training sessions. I met Rich from boxing and ran 5.15 miles....that improved my mood a lot and swimming was pretty full on. My swimming isn't going anywhere feeling tired swimming and heavy all the time!

Tuesday I ran with Nick tonight nice easy pace and another 5 miler in the bag

Wed Have decided to adapt mountain bike to ride into work so that I don't keep ruining my other bikes. This morning was a fun ride in I was less cautious of potholes, slippery roads especially in the dark. It did take longer but who cares! Nearly had 3 accidents today none of them my fault. Stupid car drivers!!!

NEWSFLASH!!! The cough I have been
Ignoring for the last few months looks like it could be EIA... Exercise induced asthma ???? Chlorine makes it worse so that could explain why my swimming is taken a back seat!!!

Just got in from boxing!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!! The warms ups were a lot of star jumps, press ups and other lung busting jumps! The rounds are 3 minutes which is tough..... We finished the session with a 3 60
60 press ups 60 sit ups 60 squat thrusts non stop.... Apparently we working up to doing 3 of them with 1 min recovery!!!!

Thursday was a long awaited rest day... Came home and just chilled and read a book all night!! Enjoyed it!!!

Friday.... I woke ready to cycle into work but the weather was awful... The wind especially so decided I would leave it. I had planned on running an easy 4 miles to warm up for boxing but on the tread mill with some good tunes it ended up being a tempo run. I started off slowly so to avoid the coughing and increased speed every 5 mins. Started to feel really strong so just kept upping the speed!! My core and upper body strength is really starting to give me some OMPH in my running. Boxing was pretty intense... Shadow boxing sparring no contact but still intense especially with 3 min rounds.... We did a lot of work on our footwork which was a killer on the legs! The end of session ended differently than before... Knuckle press ups, v sit ups punching, squat jumps , press ups and then finishing with sprinting on the spot.... Ended by Friday night session with a gentle stretch out in the pool!!!!

Sat.... Woke up to the howling of the wind..... Ended up arguing with my iPhone about it. I had to zip my man suit just to get out the door. The wind was AWFUL...... Didn't matter where I went how often I changed direction I was either side swiped or running straight into it. I decided enough was enough and headed home. The last 3 miles home was so bAd at times I thought I was running backwards. I got in and as I'm so anal about numbers I decided to make up the 4.57 miles on the treadmill... Job done!

Sunday I missed the club bike ride and took the kids to Taunton....but had a mental hour on the turbo......one of those sesssions where I couldn't stop because I was enjoying the music so much...

Ran 29 miles
Biked 44
Swam 1.62
Boxed 3 hours!!!

No comments: