Monday, December 31, 2012

A look back on 2012

Its that time of year when we all look back at what we have done and what we achieved. At the beginning of the year I was diagnosed with Sports induced Asthma and started using inhalers which really helped with my breathing and this showed on all of my race times.  Its amazing what a difference this made and not running like I was a steam train about to explode!!!!!!
 I don't know about you but I so easily forget what I did yesterday at the best of times so walk with me down memory lane and lets see what we can find.

Hestercombe Humdinger- took a whopping 7 mins off previous years time PB
Butleigh  7 miler - 8th lady in
Lionheart sportive - was supposed to be my first 100 miler but due to bike problems I did the 100 km
Taunton marathon - another PB brining my marathon time down to 4.08.03
Shapwick Bunny Hop - 2nd in age cat and 4th woman overall
Bridgwater 10 k- my FIRST sub 50 10 k..... PB 48.45.... 6th in age cat 3 years I had wanted that
Glastonbury 5k - ran this with my son Ben and was so very proud of him.
Glastonbury 10k - ran a double race on this day..... course PB by 3 mins
Taunton Deane Sprint Triathlon - beat previous year by 2 mins....5th in age cat
Somerset 100- popped my 100 mile cherry....6 hours 22 mins
IRONMAN 70.3 UK - took 61 mins off previous year 6.59.14..... 12th in age cat
Ash town tree trial - my first sub 1 hour 7 miler 58.10 another PB and off road as well
Heart foundation - 50 mile
Bideford Sprint Triathlon....5th in age cat.... huge asthma attack in cold water
Bristol Olympic Tri - A Massive 10 k PB 47.08 (OMG) 4th in age cat. Fastest Olympic  to date
Frome half marathon- cycled 40 hilly miles to get there... slow hilly race... cycled home.
Stert Island Swim- my first DNF
Waterside Long Distance Tri- WINNER!!!!!!! 8.51.13
Bridgwater half marathon - another PB 1.50.40
Malmesbury Sprint triathlon -3rd in age cat... 8th woman in
Burnham on Sea Olympic - 1st in age cat
Bustinskin Middle Distance - didnt finish due to race being called off.
River Parrat Relay Race - ran as part of a team. Fastest women on my stint.
Bath Hilly Half - First race with other Mendip Triathlon Members
The Full Monty Cute - very challenging 10 mile x country but loved it with fellow tri members.
Street 5k - another PB 22.45
Stoke Stampede- course PB 48.13

27 events, 11 PB's, 1 DNF and 1 race cancelled and 2 trophies.
I've ran 1025 miles, biked 3790 and swam 97.

2013 will be the year of the Ironman distance.
5th May - Waterside middle distance
7th April - Taunton half or whole marathon haven't decided yet
2nd June - Swalshbuckler Middle distance
23rd June - Bristol Sprint age group qualifiers -not a chance in hell but will be racing with the best of them
14th July - Challenge Roth
Sept 29th - Bustinskin Middle distance

I'm going to be stronger, fitter and still totally obsessed with a 6 pack to die for.

No comments: